Sunday, January 18, 2015

2015 Voices in Jazz Panel - Jazz Connect Conference - St. Peters Church, January 9th, 2015 NYC featuring: Ann Hampton Callaway, René Marie, Jana Herzen, Laurie Antonioli and Allan Harris - Moderator: Roseanna Vitro


The Jazz Connect Conference coincided with the APAP Conference (Presenters) and The NY Winter Jazz Festival in New York City this year. The JEN (Jazz Educators Conference) went forth the same time in San Diego. At the last minute, I received an email from Lee Mergner of JazzTimes Magazine, asking if I could throw together a discussion for singers on January 9th at 11:30 am.



I try to make the most of every opportunity and reviewed the list of attendees. I'm delighted to report I managed to organize and moderate a great panel of artists who offered wisdom and honesty. My subject: "Staying True in a Changing Landscape (Soundscape). 
I was honored to have the discussion with: Ann Hampton Callaway, René Marie, Jana Herzen, Laurie Antonioli and Allan Harris. I asked questions specific to each artists experience and talent. There are 5 videos posted. I am posting the link to all the videos in this post. Thank you to Elizabeth Tomboulian for making this video and Paul Wickliffe for taking the rough Tascam sound file to attach to these videos. We did not have microphones. Thank you Lee Mergner for giving me this opportunity. 

-->
















Roseanna Vitro

Jana Herzen - Motema Music



Ann Hampton Callaway


Laurie Antonioli


Rene Marie